STUDENTs must present the following supporting documentation:
- Certified copy of your valid passport.
- Certified copy of your valid study visa issued for Stellenbosch University
or proof of permanent residence/ refugee status/ asylum seeker.
- If you hold a study visa, you must also provide proof of South African Medical cover.
- Students are advised to view the list of medical aid options via the this
- Students who have permanent residence in South Africa, refugee status or asylum seekers are
not required to provide evidence of medical cover in order to register as a student at Stellenbosch University.
- Proof of minimum compulsory initial fee payment or scholarship letter.
- To request a budget / quotation for 2024 fees, click HERE
Please allow 3-5 working days for a response.
An email notification will be sent back to you to confirm that pre-registration clearance has been finalised. You may then proceed with the formal registration of your academic programme via one of the following registration options:
email registration (using the postal registration form that you received with your admission); or
The process to submit the above documentation for pre-registration will be published later in 2023.
registration 2024: students awaiting outcomes of visa applications
NEWCOMER POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS: APPLYING FOR A FIRST-TIME STUDY VISA FOR su
If you are within South Africa and have applied for a study visa to enrol at Stellenbosch University for the first time in 2024, you may submit a certified copy of your VFS receipt in order to obtain pre-registration clearance (this is a special concession).
CONTINUING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: VISA RENEWALS
It is your responsibility to maintain the validity of your study visa throughout your registration as a student at Stellenbosch University. Please ensure that you apply for a renewal at least eight weeks prior to the expiry date of your current study visa. You may contact the
for assistance in obtaining the required documentation.