The Stellenbosch University Library on the Stellenbosch campus opened its state of the art research commons in 2011. This high level research environment is intended for exclusive use by masters and doctoral students as well as researchers. The aim of the commons is to create an environment for research exchange and production, and scholastic debate.
Located on the lower level of the library, the commons offer researchers the flexibility of engaging in debate and exchange in the seminar rooms, relieve stressed minds in the lounge area or engage in rigorous self study at the designated computer work areas. The commons will consist of the following facilities and services:
- 32 carousel computer workstations
- Plasma screens
- Wireless internet connection
- High speed internet access
- Coffee bar
- 2 seminar rooms with conferencing facilities
- Group discussions rooms
- Linux mini cluster room
- Lounge area
- Fast high quality printing, copying and scanning area
- Personalised assistance by highly skilled librarians
- Workshops and presentations to enhance research skills
- Events to enhance research discourse and exchange.