Centre for Student Counselling and Development
The Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) aims to provide psychological services, development services and career-planning services to current and prospective students where possible, in order to promote a well-informed, psychologically healthy community.
The functions of the CSCD can be broadly divided into seven services:
- Academic counselling;
- Occupational guidance and development;
- Individual and/or group therapy;
- Contemporary developmental workshops;
- An Office for Students with Special Learning Needs;
- Training and supervision of intern psychologists.
The services offered, including group and individual therapy, are generally free of charge for all registered students. If you need to consult a psychiatrist, a fee will be levied. Some of the workshops and occupational guidance also require a fee.