All full degree-seeking international students must obtain pre-registration clearance
(verification of documentation) from the Stellenbosch University International Services Centre before
registering for an academic programme in 2021.
Students must present the following supporting documentation:
- Certified copy of your valid passport.
- Certified copy of your valid study visa issued for Stellenbosch University or proof of permanent residence/ refugee status/ asylum seeker.
- If you hold a study visa, you must also provide proof of South African Medical cover.
- Students are advised to view the list of medical aid options via the this link.
- Students who have permanent residence in South Africa, refugee status or asylum seekers are not required to provide evidence of medical cover in order to register as a student at Stellenbosch University.
- Proof of minimum compulsory initial fee payment or scholarship letter.
- To request a budget / quotation for 2021 fees, click HERE
Please allow 48 hours for a response.
An email notification will be sent back to you to confirm that pre-registration clearance has been finalised. You may then proceed with the formal registration of your academic programme via the online registration system or make use of the email registration option (using the postal registration form that you received with your admission).
REGISTRATION 2021: STUDENTS AWAITING OUTCOMEs OF VISA APPLICATIONS
NEWCOMER POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS: APPLYING FOR A FIRST-TIME STUDY VISA FOR su
If you are outside of the borders of South Africa and have applied for a study visa but are awaiting the outcome, you may submit a certified copy of your VFS receipt in order to obtain pre-registration clearance.
If you are within South Africa and have applied for a study visa to enrol at Stellenbosch University for the first time in 2021, you may submit a certified copy of your VFS receipt in order to obtain pre-registration clearance (this is a special concession).
continuing international students: visa renewals
It is your responsibility to maintain the validity of your study visa throughout your registration as a student at Stellenbosch University. Please ensure that you apply for a renewal at least eight weeks prior to the expiry date of your current study visa. You may contact the Postgraduate Office for assistance in obtaining the required documentation.