Centre for Statistical Consultation
The aim of the Centre for Statistical Consultation is to assist researchers and postgraduate students of the university with statistical aspects of their research. Where necessary, assistance is provided with the analysis and interpretation of results.
The service is also available to persons and institutions outside the university.
The Centre provides the following expertise:
- Advice and guidance on the planning and structuring of research projects and experiments.
- Assistance in organising electronic data capturing to ensure that data is in the correct format for statistical analysis.
- Extraction of useful information from large data bases (data mining).
- Analysis of statistical data.
- Interpretation of results.
- Presentation of short courses with the aim of introducing statistical concepts to researchers.
The Centre is staffed by two senior statisticians with a long history of client-driven practical experience, who keep themselves up to date with the latest statistical developments, data mining and other statistical software in order to provide an effective consultation service to researchers. A close relationship with the Statistics Department makes a further extensive source of knowledge and expertise available to the Centre.