International Student Fees
PRE-REGISTRATIONCLEARANCE(VERIFICATION) of INTERNATIONALDEGREE-SEEKING STUDENTS
DOCUMENTATION BEFORE ACADEMIC REGISTRATION 2021
1. FIRST YEAR INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- First-year international undergraduate students do not need to apply for their matriculation exemption certificate prior to registration for the 2021 academic year.
- However, you need to ensure you meet the exemption requirements by sending a certified copy of your final results to Ms Carmelita Talmarkes at email@example.com, before pre-registration can be finalised.
An e-mail confirming that you do meet the exemption requirements will be sent to you.
2. SOUTH AFRICANS WITH FOREIGN SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS (First Years)
- Pre-registrationclearancedoes not apply to these students.
- Students must send scans of their original final results to Ms Chantal Grove-Le Guillou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. PRE-REGISTRATION CLEARANCE (VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTATION)
Pre-Registration clearance will commence as from Monday, 4 January 2021. All international students are required to provide copies of supporting documentation for pre-registration clearance prior to registering for the academic programme.
E-mail the required documentation tothe following e-mail addresses using your SURNAME and SU STUDENT NUMBER as a reference.
Stellenbosch Campus : email@example.com
Tygerberg Campus (Undergraduate) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tygerberg Campus (Postgraduate) : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certified copy of your valid passport
- Certified copy of valid study visa issued to study at Stellenbosch University or Proof of Permanent residence / Refugee Status / Asylum Seeker
- Proof of valid South African medical cover
- Students are advised to view the list of Student Medical Cover Options on the following website: www.sun.ac.za/international
- Medical cover is not compulsory for Permanent residence, Refugee Status and Asylum Seeker students
- Proof of minimum compulsory initial fee payment or Scholarship letter
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you once pre-registration clearance has been finalized and you can then commence with online registration for your academic programme.
All international degree-seeking undergraduate first-year students need to follow the same welcoming programme as the SA students as per the following link: www.sun.ac.za/welcome.
Please include your SURNAME and SU STUDENT NUMBER in the subject line of all e-mail correspondence.
Please allow three working days for a response.