Appeals process for new and continuing students
New students whose applications for 2020 NSFAS funding were unsuccessful need to submit their appeals directly to NSFAS online through the MyNSFAS portal using the following process:
1. Log into your “MyNSFAS" account on www.nsfas.org.za
2. Click the 'Track Funding Progress' option
3. Check the application progress tabs
4. If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the 'Submit Appeal Tab'
5. Once you are on the 'Application Appeal' page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status
6. You are then able to motivate in writing the reasons for appealing your application status
7. Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces)
8. Then upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You may submit up to 5 documents.
9. Then click 'Submit Appeal '
10. You may now track the progress of the appeal on your myNSFAS account.
|CONTINUING STUDENTS APPEALS|
The following process will apply to students funded on the pre 2018 Grant as well as Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) Bursary Scheme students:
Appeals on failure to meet academic performance requirements: Institutions must review and assess all progression appeals and make a recommendation to NSFAS. This submission must be signed off by the Financial Aid Committee Chairperson on behalf of the Institution. The contact people for NSFAS Appeals is Mr. K Sauls at the Centre for Bursaries and Loans.
Any other appeals: Students must submit the appeal to the Financial Aid Office at the Institution with relevant supporting documents for a proper evaluation by the Institutions Appeals Committee.
Please download and complete this form: NSFAS DHET APPEAL FORM RETURNING STUDENT COVER PAGE_2021.pdf
|NOTE THE FOLLOWING|
CUBL will send a questionnaire to all students that need to appeal. If you haven't received correspondence from our office, you are welcome to enquire about your eligibility to appeal with Mr K Sauls at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Marc Ruiters at email@example.com.