2018 Appeals Process
- Appeal: The following are valid reasons for denial of funding or being placed on the unfunded list, and appeals will not be considered in such cases:
The student will lodge an appeal with the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the university directly using the NSFAS appeals form. NSFAS Credit Committee will process all appeals and communicate the outcomes. The FAO will be responsible for communicating and notifying students of the outcomes.
- Applications submitted past the NSFAS stipulated deadline;
- Applicants who did not submit supporting documents for their application by the NSFAS deadline;
- Applicants who were provisionally funded but did not register for their funded qualification by the deadline;
- Students who did not submit a signed SOP or LAF by the stipulated deadline date;
- Applicants for whom there was insufficient funding or for whom there was insufficient funding to fund their entire qualification (based on funder and funder product selected).
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO INDIVIDUAL APPEALS FROM STUDENTS WILL BE PROCESSED. ALL APPEALS MUST BE ROUTED VIA THE FAO.
Download the NSFAS Final Appeal for Financial Aid 2018 here