MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPLOAD ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- You can find out more about the requirements regarding compulsory application documents, your contract as well as the application fee payment options in the relevant sections of the online application or the hard copy application form. You can also access the information on www.maties.com or contact our Client Service on 021 808 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certified copies of the original documents, must be provided. Please note that we cannot accept online results obtained from self-service portals.
- Electronic copies you provide should be clear and legible (not blurred, cropped or obscured). The preferred format for uploading your documents is pdf, jpeg and tiff.
- Stellenbosch University reserves the right to request additional and original supporting documentation should this be deemed necessary at any point.
- Your signed contract, your application documents as well as proof of payment should be uploaded online at your Application Status link on www.maties.com before the closing date. If you apply with a hard copy application, you should include all the required documents with your application.
- If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
- It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receive these documents on time. You can monitor your application on www.maties.com to ensure that your application is complete. Sign in with your student number and official SUN-password.
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
|Currently in final school year|
South African school system: Final grade 11 results according to the guidelines of the Department of Basic Education
International school system: Grade 11 results as well as list of final-year school subjects with levels. Also note: If you are enrolled in a foreign (international) school system, for example International Baccalaureate (IB) or a USA High School Diploma, you must apply using grade 11 (pre-final year) results. You must also supply a list of subjects taken in the final year of school (grade 12/13) with levels for the subjects and predicted results (confirmed by the school). Applicants from the Cambridge school system do not need to provide the predicted results for the final year subjects. You still need to provide the list of subjects and indicate the level at which you are taking them in your final year. For more information about matriculation exemption, visit http://mb.usaf.ac.za/.
|Completed final school year|
South African school system: National Senior Certificate (NSC)/Statement of symbols of final school leaving results.
International school system: Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow. Also note: If you complete your schooling in an international school system, you must meet the requirements set by Universities South Africa (USAF) for Matriculation Exemption for that system by the time you come to register. To determine whether you meet/will meet the requirements, please see: http://mb.usaf.ac.za and select the relevant country's information. It is normally only possible to apply for a formal certificate of Matriculation Exemption during your first year of registration so you might not yet have it available when you come to register for the first time. You will, however, be able to register - provided that you qualify for exemption.
Additional subjects or rewrites: If you have completed additional subjects or rewrote subjects (or are busy rewriting the subjects this year), please include the subjects and grades.
|Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications)|
- Final school-leaving results (See “completed final school year").
- Proof of registration in first year when no academic transcript / record is available yet.
- Proof of registration in current academic year and a list of subjects.
|Tertiary qualifications completed (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications)|
Include with final school-leaving results where applicable
- Relevant certificates PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades
- Diploma(s) PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades
- B degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades
- Honours degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades
- Master's degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades (where applicable)
- Doctoral degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic record / transcript for each year, including grades (where applicable)
NON ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
All forms are available at www.maties.sun or you can contact our Client Service at 021 808 9111 or email@example.com
1. Contract (please print, sign and upload)
2. Proof of permanent residence or refugee status (if you are not a South African citizen)
3. Student support form (students with disabilities)
4. Additional programme specific documents (If applicable):
YOUR APPLICATION FEE
- Application fee (R100) can be paid as part of the online application process.
- Please note that applicants from schools with a quantile 1 to 3, as well as international students, do not need to pay the application fee. Quantile 1 to 3 schools are schools which are identified by the Department of Basic Education as schools situated in disadvantaged environments. If you are unsure about the status of your school, please ask the school. The online application system will automatically exempt you from the application fee when you apply.
- Cash payments may also be made in person at the cashiers at the Administration building A (Stellenbosch Campus).
- Read more about payment options at www.maties.com or contact our Client Service at 021 808 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.