1. Application for private student housing accreditation
Stellenbosch University Guidelines for off-campus private student housing accreditation for 2022 (to be updated soon
Off-campus private housing accreditation application 2022 (to be updated soon
2. Accredited accommodation
Accreditation is granted based on the information provided on the application form. A site visit will be arranged as soon as COVID-19 regulations allow. There are five accreditation categories:
- NSFAS Accredited Accommodation
(Four beds or more, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps, and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS accredited accommodation
- NSFAS Single Accredited Accommodation
(Three beds or less, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps, and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS single accredited accommodation
- SU Accredited Accommodation
(Four beds or more and meets the SU accreditation criteria)
List of SU accredited accommodation (to be updated soon)
- SU Single Accredited Accommodation
(Three beds or less, meets the criteria for SU accreditation, AND where an NSFAS student has already signed a lease agreement and thereby agreed to abide by the regulations of the dwelling)
List of SU single accredited accommodation (to be updated soon)
-Tygerberg Accredited Accommodation (dwellings around the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Tygerberg Campus)
List of Tygerberg accredited accommodation
Please note that NSFAS students may also seek placement in SU accredited accommodation, but will be responsible for any rent shortfall that is payable to the landlord.
The criteria for accreditation are published in the Stellenbosch University Guidelines for Off-campus Private Student Housing Accreditation 2022 (2023 intake).
Please take note of the following:
- It remains the landlord's responsibility to ensure that the accommodation is up to standard and complies with the guidelines throughout the year.
- It remains the student's responsibility to ensure that they understand the content of the lease agreement, the cost of accommodation, and their obligations as a lessee in terms of the lease agreement. The lease agreement is between the student and the landlord. SU is not a party to the agreement.
- Finally, it remains the prerogative of the student to choose suitable off-campus private housing.
Please direct all queries to email@example.com.
3. Useful accommodation websites
Facebook: Student Accommodation Stellenbosch
Eikenhof Private Hostel
Anna Basson Eiendomme
Stellenbosch University International (SUI)
The Digs (Tygerberg)
4. Campus shuttle services
Click here for more information
5. PSO'S (Private student organisations) at Stellenbosch University
Students who do not live in a Stellenbosch University Residence and already have private accommodation are granted automatic membership to a PSO and a Cluster. For more information regarding the PSO's, please visit the following link: www.sun.ac.za/pso
DISCLAIMER: The information is supplied by SU for general information purposes only. SU will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in advertising or promotional accommodation material. SU is not a party to any lease agreement entered into between a student(s) and landlord(s). SU will not become involved and does not accept liability for any issues arising out of the operation of the lease, payment of rent and/or disputes between the parties to the lease agreement and/or service delivery.