In order to be considered for postgraduate studies at the Department of Horticultural Science, you will first have to apply officially to the University of Stellenbosch.
This can be done directly online by following this link:
(Please take special note - even if you complete the registration online, you will still have to physically fax or mail the last page to the university, which needs to be signed by you.)
Please also note that the University also needs to receive the following supporting documents to complete your application:
- Degree certificate(s)
- Academic Record(s)
- Agreement form signed by applicant
- Proof of payment of application fee (if you are not a South African citizen you are exempt from this payment)
You can either email these to email@example.com or fax them to 021 808 3822.
NB!!! In addition, please write and upload a letter of motivation containing the following information:
- Why you want to do a postgraduate degree.
- Your research experience (if any).
- Your research interest. If possible discuss whether you prefer pre-harvest or postharvest research aspects and possibly indicate what crop type interests you the most from the following selections: deciduous fruit, citrus or cut flowers. Please also indicate if you have no distinct preference.
If you experience problems with the online registration, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to help you with any questions you have regarding the online registration.
An alternative route is to request a hard copy of the application form, and mail the completed application back to the University. Application forms can be obtained from:
Tel: +27(0)21 808 9111
Private bag X1,
We look forward to receiving your application.