Foot problems can be severe but are preventable in many cases!
Taking care of our feet prevents numerous complications and decreases risk factors.
Some examples include:
- Athlete's foot caused by fungus
- Ulcers- areas of broken skin that look like open sores
- Severe infection that happens when a part of your body does not get enough blood and causes the tissue in the affected body part to die (especially diabetic patients and patients suffering from poor circulation in their legs)
Who should be having foot assessments?
People who suffer from Diabetes are not the only ones who require foot assessments. Everyone should have a foot assessment at least annually. People who experience the following are most likely to be in need of a foot assessment:
- Gout and arthritis
- Heavy smoker, burning feet and poor sensation in feet
- Ingrown toe nails
- Athlete's foot
- Diabetes/ hypertension/ high cholesterol sufferers
- Toenail fungus
- Heel pain and broken skin
ACCESS CAMPUS HEALTH SERVICE (STELLENBOSCH AND TYGERBERG CAMPUS) BETWEEN 8-4PM 12 -16 NOVEMBER FOR YOUR FREE FOOT ASSESSMENT (NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED)