Neelsie, Level 3, VV Hall
From 09:00 – 16:00 Human Resources Wellness is providing a Discovery Wellness Experience for staff and students. The Discovery Wellness Experience is an interactive screening where key body metrics and blood tests are performed. Wellness screenings are important because you will find out about your current health and lifestyle risks and receive advise on what to do about identified risks. A full screening takes between 35 to 40 minutes to complete. You will receive a comprehensive report on your health and wellness after the screening.
A professional Wellness Specialist will perform the following screening assessments at the Discovery Wellness Experience:
- Glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure tests
- A postural assessment
- An eye assessment
- Weight, height and body mass index (BMI) measurements
- An HIV test.
If you choose to have an HIV test done, the Wellness Specialist will provide counselling before and after you take the test. Your HIV test results are kept completely confidential.
Vitality members can earn thousands of points after a Discovery Wellness Experience, depending on how many results are in a healthy range. At each status level, members over 18 can enjoy a variety of rewards including half-price movies, flight savings, cash back on groceries, fuel savings, weekly rewards and more.
All you need to know
- Bring your medical aid membership card and ID or driver's license
- Dress comfortably - you need to be barefoot for some checks (no socks or stockings)
- Complete the pre-assessment questionnaire before your Discovery Wellness Experience. You will receive a link to the questionnaire with your booking confirmation.
Click here to book your spot.