- (021) 808 4585Location:
Virtual Experience | www.sueec.com
Experiential Education as Pedagogy for Social Justice: praxis and practice for shaping 21st century global citizen-leaders.
10-11 November 2020 | Virtual Experience
Every epoch presents decisive moments for humankind. Some more so than others, when the slow pace of change is accelerated, shattering the societal metronome and with it the facades that cushion our collective consciousness. The year 2020 will forever be remembered as a year such as this.
At this historic time of global disruption, the virtual experience of SUEEC will connect global thought-leaders, social justice subject-matter experts, academics, experiential educators, knowledge creators, and researchers in the field of experiential education and social justice within the higher education sector.
SUEEC invites you to be part of this emerging global discourse, as we explore the possibilities of experiential education as pedagogy for social justice for effecting change in times of uncertainty and complexity.
Join us on 10-11 November 2020 by participating and contributing in one or more of the following SUEEC opportunities:
- Extraordinary Keynote Speakers: Engage with world-renowned thought leaders in the field of experiential education and social justice. Notably:
- George Kuh Chancellor's Professor Emeritus of Higher Education, Indiana University
- Alice Kolb President and CEO, Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc.
- Mustafa Erdogan President, DeM Experiential Training Centre – Istanbul, Turkey
- Thuli Madonsela Social Justice Chair, Law Trust Chair in Social Justice, Stellenbosch University
- Jonathan Jansen Distinguished Professor in the Faculty of Education, Stellenbosch University
- Choice Makhetha Senior Director: Division Student Affairs, Stellenbosch University
- Arnold Schoonwinkel Vice-Rector and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching, Stellenbosch University
- Master Classes: Enhance your skills and capabilities towards designing transformative experiential learning opportunities.
- Exemplar Showcase: Share a 3-minute 'mini-documentary' of experiential learning at your university or organisation and contribute to the exemplar showcase of global best-practice.
- WOW (Window On the World): Join a networked partnership session and share a 2-minute window on your world, tell the global experiential educators a bit about yourself, your role, your institution, and why your work matters to you.
- Conference Papers: Write and present a virtual paper on one of the following five conference tracks. Selected papers will be published in an e-journal after the conference.
- Experiential education and student transformation
- Emerging social justice frameworks in higher education
- Global citizen-leadership
- Internationalisation in higher education
- Research & innovation in experiential education
We will be sharing information about the Keynote and Master Class Speakers in our newsletter soon.
Join us, as a SUEEC collective, in contributing towards an institutional, national and global vision through shaping pathways for transformative teaching and learning by registering now at www.sueec.com.