Contact:RSVP via link below
STIAS, 10 Marais Road, Stellenbosch
The Division for Social Impact, Stellenbosch University would like to invite you to its annual Social Impact Symposium.
Theme: Social Impact through Learning and Teaching, and Research: Enhancing Ethical Partnerships
The symposium has a dual purpose:
- To reflect on progress with the implementation of social impact (SI) as a strategic priority of Stellenbosch University (SU) through learning and teaching, and research
- To better understand how SI initiatives are implemented through ethical and purposeful partnerships.
The outcomes of the symposium are to:
- further embed the SU Vision 2040 and the Strategic Framework (2019–2024);
- profile, present and document case study examples of best practices linked to initiatives in the SI paradigm;
- create a better understanding of a variety of practices in the implementation of SI initiatives in learning and teaching, and research;
- encourage and stimulate discussions among internal stakeholders;
- address critical topics that influence SU’s all-encompassing impact on society; and
- develop a set of principles that will guide SI ethical discourse(s) and relevant protocols.
Programme available here.
To RSVP for this event, please complete this form.