For more general information, bursaries & loans , costs & applications etc, please go to http://www.maties.com
Undergraduate program information
PLEASE NOTE: NBT's will NOT be used for the 2023 intake.
Basic admission requirements for university study:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school-leaving certificate as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor's degree studies.
- A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
- The minimum academic requirement for a bachelor's degree is:
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) and
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% - 59%) in four 20-credit subjects
- Writing of the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) required if School of Tomorrow applicant
Faculty requirements for BSc Food Science:
- An average of at least 60% in the NSC, IEB or relevant final school examination.
- The average is calculated by taking your highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching subject (English or Afrikaans) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life orientation and Mathematics 3). The total divided by 6 equals your NSC average.
- Afrikaans or English (Home Language or First Additional Language) 4 (50%)
- Mathematics 5 (60%)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) 4 (50%)
Please note: All programmes are selection programmes and applications will be considered according to the rules and procedures as set out on the Selection guidelines and admission policy for undergraduate programmes for the Faculty of AgriSciences. Read more at: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/maties/Documents/AgriSciences.pdf
An outline of the degree structure for the four year BSc Food Science degree:
Introduction to Food Science
Food Processing and Preservation
Meat Science, Nutrition, Food Safety, Cereal Science & Sensory Science
Food Chemistry & Analysis
Food Factory Machinery
For complete information on degree structure, subject choices and application
procedures, please refer to University of Stellenbosch
yearbook for the Faculty of AgriSciences, or contact staff at
the University Administration.
Tel: +27 (0)21 808 3578 Fax: +27 (0)21 808 3510 corner of Hammandshand and Helshoogte Roads, Stellenbosch firstname.lastname@example.org