Please note that a final admission communication will be sent from 21 January 2023 onwards.
We kindly request that finally admitted applicants make use of our online registration system. Should you experience any issue with the system or process, please use either email (postgraduate programmes only) or on-campus registration (undergraduate and postgraduate programmes). The contact and registration details for the various faculties and programmes follow below.
The following registration options are available:
Option 1: Self-registration/online registration
- As most students are able to register online, we encourage you to make use of the online registration portal.
- Self-registration can be done via
my.sun.ac.za from any computer with internet access.
The following students will not have access to self-registration:
- Those who have one or more proof-of-admissibility document outstanding (e.g. matriculation exemption certificate, advice of results, or post-matriculation proof of admissibility)
- Those whose readmission to the University is not in order
- Those whose student accounts with the University are in arrears (debtors). If your account and first registration instalment have been paid in full and have been captured as such by the Student Fees Division, and you meet all other requirements for self-registration, you will be able to self-register. Please see the student fees section below.
- Those who have been accepted by the University for postgraduate programmes and are registering for that programme for the first time in 2023 (postgraduate newcomers)
- Those who register for special programmes or as a special student
- Those whose academic record at the end of the previous year showed a final result other than “Pass year”
Option 2: Email registration (postgraduate programmes, and returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences)
This option is only applicable to postgraduate students and to returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences without access to the self-registration/online registration system.
- Students with outstanding 2022 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients). Please first consult the staff in the relevant Bursaries and Loans office in this regard (contact details listed below).
- Please consult the contact list below for assistance with email registration.
- Postgraduate students will have received a registration form, which they can complete and return to SU by email. Please see the applicable contact details below in this regard.
Option 3: On-campus registration (undergraduate and postgraduate programmes)
This option is only applicable to those without access to self-registration and who could not complete their registration via email either.
- All Stellenbosch campus students who could not register via the above registration options must register in the computer user area (NARGA) in Admin A. (The only exception is returning undergraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences based on Stellenbosch campus, who can register with Mr Johan Coetzer in Room 3020, Admin A.)
- Students with outstanding 2022 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients).
- Please see the below schedule for on-campus registration dates.
Please see the specific registration details for the Tygerberg Campus
Submission of Documents
Students who completed any of the following qualifications during 2022 are NOT required to submit any results, as we will receive the download from the Department of Basic Education in January 2023:
- South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI)
- Independent Examinations Board (IEB)
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- School of Tomorrow (SoT)
All other students who have completed any other qualification should please upload /send their final results as soon as it becomes available. This will ensure that we can process your admission as swiftly as possible. PLEASE CLICK HERE to upload your final results for verification.