1. APPLICATION FOR PRIVATE STUDENT HOUSING ACCREDITATION
Stellenbosch University Guidelines for off-campus private student housing accreditation for 2021
Off-campus private housing accreditation application 2021
2. ACCREDITED ACCOMMODATION
Accreditation is done based on the information provided on an application form and a site visit will be arranged as soon as COVID-regulations allow.
There are four accreditation categories:
- NSFAS Accreditation (4 beds or more, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS accredited accommodation
- NSFAS Single Accreditation Accommodation (3 beds or less, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS single accredited accommodation
- SU Accreditation (4 beds or more and meets SU accreditation criteria)
List of SU accredited accommodation
- SU Single Accredited Accommodation (dwelling offers less than four beds, meets the criteria set for SU accreditation AND where a NSFAS student has already signed a lease agreement and thereby agreed to abide by the regulations of the dwelling)
List of SU single accredited accommodation
-Tygerberg Accredited Accommodation (dwellings around the Faculty of Health Science Tygerberg campus)
List of Tygerberg accredited accommodation
Please note that NSFAS-students will also be able to seek placement in SU accredited accommodation, but will be responsible for any rental shortfall that is payable to the landlord.
The criteria for accreditation is published in the Stellenbosch University Guidelines for Off-campus Private Student Housing Accreditation in 2020 (2021 intake) .
Please take note of the following:
All queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It remains the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the accommodation is up to standard and complies with the guidelines throughout the year.
- It also remains the responsibility of the student to ensure that they understand the content of the lease agreement, the cost of accommodation and their obligations as a lessee in terms thereof. The lease agreement is between the student and the landlord. SU is not a party to the agreement.
- And finally, it remains the prerogative of the student to choose suitable off-campus private housing.