1. APPLICATION FOR PRIVATE STUDENT HOUSING ACCREDITATION
Stellenbosch University Guidelines for off-campus private student housing accreditation for 2022
Off-campus private housing accreditation application 2022
2. ACCREDITED ACCOMMODATION
Accreditation is granted based on the information provided on the application form. A site visit will be arranged as soon as COVID-19 regulations allow.
There are five accreditation categories:
- NSFAS Accredited Accommodation (Four beds or more, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps, and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS accredited accommodation
- NSFAS Single Accredited Accommodation (Three beds or less, within 3 km from campus, within the NSFAS fee caps, and meets the additional NSFAS criteria)
List of NSFAS single accredited accommodation
- SU Accredited Accommodation (Four beds or more and meets the SU accreditation criteria)
List of SU accredited accommodation
- SU Single Accredited Accommodation (Three beds or less, meets the criteria for SU accreditation, AND where a NSFAS student has already signed a lease agreement and thereby agreed to abide by the regulations of the dwelling)
List of SU single accredited accommodation
-Tygerberg Accredited Accommodation (dwellings around the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Tygerberg Campus)
List of Tygerberg accredited accommodation
Please note that NSFAS students may also seek placement in SU accredited accommodation, but will be responsible for any rent shortfall that is payable to the landlord.
The criteria for accreditation is published in the Stellenbosch University Guidelines for Off-campus Private Student Housing Accreditation 2022 (2023 intake).
Please take note of the following:
- It remains the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the accommodation is up to standard and complies with the guidelines throughout the year.
- It remains the responsibility of the student to ensure that they understand the content of the lease agreement, the cost of accommodation, and their obligations as a lessee in terms the lease agreement. The lease agreement is between the student and the landlord. SU is not a party to the agreement.
- Finally, it remains the prerogative of the student to choose suitable off-campus private housing.
Please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. USEFUL ACCOMMODATION WEBSITES