UKWANDA CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH
SUNLOC stands for Stellenbosch University Logistics for the Clinical Training Platform. The SUNLOC office which serves the clinical training platform is located at the Tygerberg campus and from there rolls out a multi-pronged logistics support system to students.
- The supports the rural teaching platform by providing:
- housing and assisting with transport where necessary
- IT infrastructure with:
- Electronic access to the SU library service
- Intranet- and Internet facilities (as needed)
- Support for cooperation between the Public Health Sector and academia at various levels
- Students will be assisted with transport by the Tygerberg campus vehicle pool. Should a student experience transport difficulty, he or she should contact their department coordinator timeously, in order for transport to be arranged if available
- Please see link below for all accommodation and equipment information:
Dr HARRY SURTIE DISTRICT HOSPITAL
Upington, home to the Dr HARRY SURTIE DISTRICT HOSPITAL, is a town in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, on the banks of the Orange River.
A level one or district hospital with a 375-bed capacity for the Upington and Mier sub-districts of the Lower Orange Region or District. A referral hospital for the remaining four sub-districts in the Lower Orange Region of Kakamas, Keimoes, Pofadder and Kenhardt. Each of these sub-districts has a district hospital or CHC (with inpatient beds).
Photo by Inge Kuchar property of Stellenbosch University