Biostatistics is the development and application of statistical methods to problems in biology, medicine, public health and other life sciences. It is an enabling competency for evidence-based practice and to conduct rigorous quantitative research.
Our goals are to:
- Increase the quality and productivity of research in the FMHS
- Increase knowledge and application of modern biostatistical techniques among students and staff through didactic lessons, seminars and workshops
- Conduct biostatistical methodological research to address unique challenges that may arise
- Provide statistical consulting and grant preparation assistance services
We are guided by the following core values
- Ethics and Integrity: in our conduct and in the manner in which we engage our colleagues, being respectful of diverse perspectives, values and cultures
- Accountability and responsiveness: to students, faculty and other researchers
- Excellence: striving for and adhering to the highest standards of scholarship, critical thinking, innovation, professionalism and leadership.