Researchers are welcome to visit the Stellenbosch University Archives, however, it is advisable to telephone or email beforehand to let us know of your planned visit.
Please take note of the following arrangements, before visiting the Archives:
- Reproduction of material is usually possible, although the format and condition of some materials may not allow reproduction
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own laptops and other devices for note-taking, although space to electrical outlets is limited
- For the sake of preservation of our rare and unique materials, no food, drink, pens or highlighers may be used
Please refer to the Collections Overview page for information on the collections being held at Stellenbosch University Archives.
The Stellenbosch University Archives do not offer a research service in this regard, but will undertake very basic searches in response to genealogical enquiries.
The following printed sources may be consulted here at the SU Archives to discover if a person attended or graduated from Stellenbosch University.
- Register of marks obtained: Victoria College
- Register of Class and Accommodation Fees: Boys' High School and Victoria College
- Admission Registers: Victoria College
- Staff register of Boys' High School, Victoria College and Stellenbosch University
- The records of student societies and clubs may also contain information on student members
The SU Archives are situated in the R.W.Wilcocks building, which were partly destroyed by fire in December 2010. The Archives were mostly undamaged, but still benefited from the renovations. Come visit the Archives' new reading and research room.