In the negotiations between the Unions and Stellenbosch University (SU) during the course of 2016 regarding insourcing and outsourcing, the parties agreed to a process of Viable Sourcing. Viable Sourcing is defined as a system and process whereby the University, in a transparent manner, taking into account input of various stakeholders, decides on the optimal vehicle for the provision of essential services to the University. To this end SU is committed to a process of Viable Sourcing when an essential services contract is due for renewal or a requirement for a service arises.
Stellenbosch University Campus Security Department (“Campus Security") is commencing with the Viable Sourcing process for additional professional security services. As part of the Viable Sourcing process, input is hereby requested from interest groups or any parties that may potentially be affected by the sourcing approach. People who would like to comment are requested to submit written submissions to Riaan Malan, Senior Buyer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to submit submissions to him at the Purchasing & Provision Services Building (Merriman Avenue), by 15 November 2018. People that also want to comment in person, must please indicate this and provide contact details. These submissions will form part of the evaluation of the viable sourcing.
In order to compare viable options a tender will be issued to Security Companies. As all the services, expertise and knowledge needed are not available within SU and to comply with statutory regulations, Campus Security requires assistance.
Campus Security requires security services to assist with the provision of:
- Flexible numbers of guarding and security officers to meet the fluctuating levels of security services required to support the changing nature of the academic year's needs such as exams, events and functions, projects and risk profile.
- Expertise and experience in security requirements such as CCTV systems and control rooms, remote monitoring, security reporting software and alarm monitoring
- Capacity, ability, competence and experience to screen, assess and register security staff according to statutory regulations.
- Competence and capacity to provide accredited training and re-training of security officers.
- Locally based armed response services to respond to armed threats when requested.
- Specialist consulting advisory services, safety and security risk assessments at large events, security technology technical guidance, provision of technology such as radios, cell phones and panic buttons, and general support of all security services with qualified and registered security staff at Stellenbosch University Campus, Worcester.
The proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Capability to render Ops Room, CCTV monitoring and alarm monitoring/response services.
- Proven experience with managing and supervision of complete security solution in Worcester.
- Good standing with the security regulating authorities
- Financial Sustainability of solution
- References from 3 current clients
- BBBEE rating
- Proven human dignity protocols and HR practices
- Comprehensive documentation submitted