Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Experience_details

387

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Mev. Claassens is outstanding. She is emphathic and truly goes above and beyond her duties. It is my pleasure to engage with her and she makes my work environment at SU all the better.

Fides ClaassensMegan Naidoo+27 21 938 9442YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
4/28/2020 2:31
386

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer
Fides ClaassensRika Carstens0726587621YesClient Service Centre \ Klientedienssentrum
4/24/2020 11:58
385

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Fides Claasens always goes the extra mile to help out where possible and gets back to us immedietely.  Her friendly an caring demeanor is really comforting and makes one feel well looked after.

Fides Claasens, FMHS Tyg CampusDr Nawaal Davids0796365819YesTalent Management \ Talent
4/24/2020 11:52
384

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Quick feed back on salary enquiries

Angelo0781783575NoHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
4/20/2020 8:32
383

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Documents requested and were mailed immediately though it was lockdown and she was working from home.These documents were very important in order for me to inform departments that flu vaccines are available and that appointments may be schedules

FidesSr Rukshana adams021 938 9590YesOther \ Ander
4/15/2020 10:51
382

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​I wanted to contact the medical aid - the message was passed along very timeously

Illana Oliver   Zahn Munch0218089101YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
4/3/2020 12:32
381

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Ms Fides Claassen het my vinnig gehelp met die regte dokument wat ek benodig het vir 'n huisleningsaansoek.

Claassens, F, Ms [fides@sun.ac.za]Anel Schooneesanelschoonees@sun.ac.zaYesRemuneration, Benefits and Administration \ Vergoeding, Voordele en Administrasie
3/23/2020 21:31
380

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​as daar nou iemand is waarop jy 100% kan staat maak is Fides een van daardie mense. wonderlik om met haar te werk.

Fides Claasen 1/1000000elke leicher0219384041YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
3/23/2020 15:36
379

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Illana was besonder hulpvaardig. baie dankie!

W van Eeden4962YesOther \ Ander
3/23/2020 10:29
378

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​I received prompt replies on all enquiries submitted to HR. My enquiry was attended to in a turnaround time of less than one hour. Professional and friendly services were rendered to me which has made my first encounter with HR a very pleasant experience.  Keep up being a cut above the rest.

Thanks

I requested for a remuneration level of a particular job and I received a reply almost immediately. Ms Rutgers  - very professional and friendly +264812958055YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
3/19/2020 18:14
377

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​always helpfull and quick respond time

Edwardene Marais0219389054YesTraining and Development \ Opleiding en Ontwikkeling
3/16/2020 13:14
376

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Alvira lewer 'n kwailiteit diens wat so skaars huidiglik is.  Ek glo sy doen dit met 'n glimlag.  Hou so aan Alvira, jou klantediens is so aansteeklik dat ek hoop en glo diegene wat dit ontvang, dieselfde diens lewer aan hul klante.

Esmeralda Swartz0219389621YesTraining and Development \ Opleiding en Ontwikkeling
3/9/2020 10:46
375

Unacceptable service\Onaanvaarbare diens

​On 14 February I wrote to Oscar Grand asking if he could arrange an HR letter for me supporting my need for a second SA passport as I am travelling a lot this year and need to have a passport while another passport is in for a visa at an embassy.  I wrote out the full draft text of the letter as I thought this might be an unusual request.  Oscar was away, so I wrote to Keith Robain, who very efficiently passed my query on. Ricardo Steyn responded with a visa letter form.  I pointed out that I was not applying for a visa but for second passport, but filled in the letter anyway.  I explained that I was not going to waste the time of my chair to sign the visa letter as I did not want a visa. I received a one-line email which read:

Dear Prof Swartz

The visa application form needs to be signed.

****************

I then got my chair to sign the vis application form, even though as I had said repeatedly that I was not asking for a visa letter.  On 19 Feb, Mr Steyn sent me a visa letter, something which I had not asked for.  I immediately responded as follows:

Dear Ricardo

Thank you.  As I mentioned, I do not need a visa letter at this stage – I need a letter for Home Affairs to support my getting a second passport.  Please can you help me with that letter?

I really appreciate your help.

Best wishes

*********

I did not receive and answer to this email.  In desperation, I again approached my chair (who is very busy) and she signed the HR letter I had prepared and sent to HR on 4 February, and I went to Home Affairs, who do insist on a letter for a second passport, and luckily they accepted it.  To give Ricardo feedback, I wrote an email to him yesterday (26 Feb) which reads:

Dear Ricardo

Thank you for your help with this.  I would like to give you some feedback.

In my original email to you I made it clear that I was not in need of a visa letter at this stage but in need of a letter from the university supporting my need for a second passport.  I made it clear on the visa form that it was not the right form, and  why I was not having it signed, but you asked for it to be filled in and signed.  I did not need a visa letter but a second passport letter.  In my original email I drafted for you what needed to be in this letter.

On 19 February you sent me a visa letter but did not send me a letter for a second passport, which was what I needed.  I wrote to you on that same day once again asking for a letter for a second passport.

I have not heard from you since then.

Eventually, I asked my departmental chair to sign the visa letter, which she did.  Today I went to Home Affairs, and they told me that without a letter of the type I had drafted and eventually had signed by my chair, they would not have set in motion the process for me to get the second passport.

I do appreciate your help, but I think it may be helpful for you to know about this in case other people ask HR for a letter for a second passport.  If you believe that HR should not be giving out such letters, then please tell me, but it does make it difficult for me when my requests do not seem to be read properly.

Thank you for all your help over the years.  I hope this feedback is helpful to you.

Best wishes.

**************************

I received the following email in response:

Dear Prof Swart

We do not draft that type of letters.

********************

It seems to me that there are three issues here.  The first is that a lot of time has been wasted with this - if Ricardo had read my first email and you do not draft those sorts of letters, he could have told me this without wasting everyone's time (I feel especially bad for wasting the time of my departmental chair, who has better things to do than sign forms which do not need to be signed).  The second is that I see no evidence that Ricardo will inform anyone that HR may well be asked to write letters other than visa letters - I don't see why you cannot draft letters of that kind.  The third issue is that despite the fact that throughout this process I have really tried to be polite, Ricardo has in my view been rude to me.  It is not polite simply not to reply to an email you don't like.  It is not polite not to acknowledge a mistake, which clearly has been made here, and in my reading, when I get a one-line letter of instruction from Ricardo which ignores my communication with him, and then a one-liner in which I (with my name misspelled, but this is a minor issue) am at last informed that the service which I have asked for is not offered, and no acknowledgement of what has gone before, this was also rude.

​I understand that your division, like my own, has challenges, and generally (including from Ricardo) I get excellent service.  I think, though, that this is an example of poor, rude, and time-wasting service.

I suggest that your staff:

Read requests sent to them properly.

Respond to what is actually asked and not to something else.

Respond to emails and not just ignore ones they don't like

Respond politely

Say at the start of an interaction if a service is not offered

Explore whether this service should be offered.

Please can you let me know what action, if any, is taken on the basis of my feedback.

Thanks very much.

Ricardo SteynLeslie SwartzLswartz@sun.ac.zaYesClient Service Centre \ Klientedienssentrum
2/27/2020 8:48
374

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer
Alemayehu Ambaw Tsige0790892850YesTraining and Development \ Opleiding en Ontwikkeling
2/17/2020 18:09
373

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​She is always quick to respond on any questions i may have.

AL AlvertusP TalliardX9046YesTraining and Development \ Opleiding en Ontwikkeling
1/23/2020 10:49
372

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Ek het die nuwe kontrakte vir 3 persone baie laat ingestuur in 2019 en na ingryping van Fides in 2020 sal hulle salarisse kry einde Januarie. Daarsonder sou dit nie moontlik wees.

Prof MJ Kotze0828799108YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
1/13/2020 11:59
371

Unacceptable service\Onaanvaarbare diens

​Though my contract had been sent to HR a while ago, I received the documents Friday afternoon, when I was already on leave !

Now it was up to me to sign the docs and send them back ASAP to avoid non-payment in January.

Had I been away on holiday, without access to my e-mail, the problem would have been mine (non-payment), not HR's.

Lucinda AlexanderArmand Peeters0219389324YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
12/23/2019 16:32
370

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Fides is always willing to assist with any requirements needed and she does it with kindness and understanding

fides@sun.ac.zaLindsay-Michelle Meyerlindsaym@sun.ac.zaYesRemuneration, Benefits and Administration \ Vergoeding, Voordele en Administrasie
12/6/2019 8:08
369

Ncedo Senzangabom0814977325YesClient Service Centre \ Klientedienssentrum
11/20/2019 16:04
368

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​I would like to thank ​Charne for keeping me abreast on a matter I want to have finalised through our HR regarding medical aid. She has shown only excelence in her service delivery. It is appreciated.

Charne PoolJermaine Hendricks0827639755YesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
11/15/2019 14:31
367

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Fides assisted promptly with the placement of a new advert and helped with the formulation of the job description.  she has always gone the extra mile regarding assisting me in my task related to HR.

fides@sun.ac.zaLindsay-Michelle Meyer0219389873YesRecruitment \ Werwing
11/12/2019 8:13
366

​Awesome service

From the start to the end, efficient and helpful throughout the whole process. Allway's a pleasure to be working with them.

Keep doing what you are doing :-)

Regards

Nazeer De Vos

Leandie BothaNazeer De Vos0839449496 YesRecruitment \ Werwing
11/5/2019 11:45
365

Unacceptable service\Onaanvaarbare diens

E​k het op 14/10/19 geskakel ivm 'n navraag aangaande geldelike hulp vir werknemers se kinders se skool en tersiere opleding.  Die Afrikaanse dame wat geantwoord het, het my aangeraai om 'n e mail te stuur met die navraag.  Charne Pool het e mail terug getuur en nie geweet waarvan ek praat nie.  Ek het weer die 14de gebel, die Afrikaanse dame het gese sy sal vir Charne inlig wat sy vir my moet stuur. Teen 10:00 15/10/2019 het ek nog niks onvang nie.  Ek skakel toe weer, en Ricardo het geantwoord en ek het kort daarna 'n e mail met die korrekte inligting ontvang.  Die  feit dat ons as werknemers nie ordentlik ingelig is tov hierdie voordeel nie, is ook kommerwekkend

Ontvangsdame en Charne Pool  van HR kantoor by 021 808 2753Sonja Schell082 336 1920, sonjashell@sun.ac.zaYesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
10/15/2019 13:18
364

Unacceptable service\Onaanvaarbare diens

​Ek het vir die eerste keer op 2 Oktober 'n navraag gedoen om my IRP-5 te kry - dit is geignoreer - ek het dit opgevolg met nog e-posse, maar meer as 'n week later het niemand nog my IRP-5 verskaf nie. Dit het implikasies vir my persoonlike belasting wat teen die einde van Oktober ingedien moet word.

Wilmer Muller0827890444NoHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
10/10/2019 14:30
363

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Fides Claasens is a delight to work with and incredibly efficient.

+27 21 938 9670 Nabila Ismail0219389957NoHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
9/25/2019 10:30
362

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Mnr Ricardo Steyn het blitsig gereageer op 'n navraag oor aantal studie-geleentheid dae

Jeremy Punt2615YesClient Service Centre \ Klientedienssentrum
9/20/2019 10:05
361

Unacceptable service\Onaanvaarbare diens

​Have been trying to resolve an error on my payslip since the 9th September. Have been referred to various people and then competely ignored, no-one will take responsibility. Phoned this morning and spoke to 3 different people, still no resolution.​ At no stage have I been given any feedback regarding who is investigating or what is being done, just deathly silence?

What is the point of a Help/Service desk if there is no service or no follow up? My enquiry just seemed to dissappear into a black hole? of indifference?

sun-e-hr@sun.ac.za, Charne Pool, Aubrey Isaacks, Chandre du PlessisRachael SPiers082 377 3125YesRemuneration, Benefits and Administration \ Vergoeding, Voordele en AdministrasieSpiers, RL, Mrs [rspiers@sun.ac.za]9/18/2019 9:43Spiers, RL, Mrs [rspiers@sun.ac.za]
360

Good service rendered\Goeie diens gelewer

​Requests for assistance and documentation.

Charné PoolLishen Chetty+27 21 886 5036YesManagement Information Systems \ Bestuurslinligtingsstelsels
9/5/2019 11:33
359

​Altyd uitstekende terugvoer

Fides ClaasenSonja Krige0219384107YesRemuneration, Benefits and Administration \ Vergoeding, Voordele en Administrasie
9/4/2019 11:09
358

Exceptional service rendered\Uitsonderlike diens gelewer

​Me Luchelle Davids het besonder spoedig, akkuraat en volledig gereageer op 'n dringende Menslike Hulpbron-navraag wat ek gehad het.

Me Luchelle Davids (in medewerking met Me Phumla Banjwa)Prof MJ de Waalmjdw@sun.ac.zaYesHuman Resources \ Menslike Hulpbronne
8/30/2019 15:11