The Stellenbosch University (SU) Transformation Office has a specific mandate to facilitate, coordinate and advise on transformation at Stellenbosch University by:
- Advancing the implementation of the Transformation Plan.
- Developing and executing programmatic interventions that are aimed at shaping and advancing systemic transformation at SU (awareness-raising; educational and development of critical diversity literacy and change).
- Devising processes for the SU environment through co-creation.
- Performing an advocacy role with regards to social justice issues.
- Monitoring and evaluating the transformation of the institution against national guidelines as approved by USAF.
- Aligning institutional governance and leadership practices with transformational goals of Stellenbosch University in particular and the national transformation agenda in general.
Towards a transformed and integrated SU community that celebrates critical thinking, promotes debate and is committed to democracy, human rights and social justice with an outward, international and future focus.
To be a multi-facet driver of institutional culture strategies at Stellenbosch University in developing the university's capacity to transform the way it creates knowledge and develops the potential of its students and staff
Important Campus Contacts