Calls for applications and registrations
- Calls for applications to attend the ADA's Online Winter Doctoral School 2021 are open now. Only applications submitted through the ADA's website will be accepted.
- Calls for applications close on 12 July 2021 and it is also the last day we accept payments for the courses.
- Following the approval of the submitted application, an email will be sent with instructions to complete a registration form, together with all associated course fees so that we may also generate you an invoice.
- Be sure to adhere strictly to given instructions. Incomplete or erroneous registrations will be rejected.
- Instructions given will contain links to register on Stellenbosch University's Short Course System. Follow all provided links for completion of registration. Provide required information as accurately as possible.
- Options on Short Course System relating to “Payment Responsibility":
- “Company": Select this option if a company/employer will pay for attendance. A tax invoice will be generated and forwarded to the payment contact person for payment.
- “Department (Stellenbosch University)": Select this option if an internal department at Stellenbosch University will pay for attendance. A notification will be generated and forwarded to the payment contact person for payment.
- “Self": Select this option if applicant will be responsible to pay for their attendance. A notification will be generated and forwarded to your email inbox (also check spam/junk mail) for payment. A tax invoice will only be generated upon email request.
- Placement in a course can only be guaranteed by payment. Therefore, enrolment for attendance can only be confirmed once all outstanding fees are settled.
- Rates will apply until 12 July 2021.
- Fees payable cover course materials, and teaching, and as the Winter School is being taught online, fees for catering and network access is not levied.
Change of courses
- Once a registration is completed, the ADA will only allow a change in course in exceptional circumstances and if there is space in the new course requested.
- Once a registration is completed and payment is received, the ADA will not permit a change in courses.
- A verified digital Short Course certificate will be awarded to all participants that successfully complete their course.
- Failure to attend all sessions as well as complete all activities specific to your course, will result in failing the course.
- A printed certificate may be requested at an additonal cost as well as courier charges.
Winter School 2021
- The last day for withdrawal from the ADA's Winter School is 28 June 2021 - applicants will receive an 80% refund up until this date and thereafter a 50% refund until 12 July 2021. After 12 July 2021 there will be a 100% cancellation fee applied unless someone else can take your place.
- No refund will be paid if attendance is cancelled after 12 July 2021.
- The ADA reserves the right to cancel a course up to 12 July 2021.