Ton and Anet Vosloo Research Chair in Afrikaans Language Practice
Project title: The Reality of Revision
Research description: The project is situated within Language Practice and will entail an analytical description of the term revision. Aspects such as editing of original and translated texts, post-editing of machine translated texts, and the rewriting of texts in plain language will be covered. The postdoctoral fellow will be able to do individual research but will also work as part of an editorial team of a book with the title The Reality of Revision, as well as supervise students on honours level.
The fellowship is based in the Department of Afrikaans and Dutch and resorts under the Ton and Anet Vosloo Research Chair in Afrikaans Language Practice. The successful applicant will receive a full postdoctoral bursary from the academic host.
Academic host: The project will be handled jointly by Professor Ilse Feinauer and the successful candidate.
- PhD (completed within the previous five years)
- Knowledge of Editing and Translation Studies
- Ability to write in English and Afrikaans
Please note that postdoctoral fellows will not be appointed as employees and will not enjoy employee benefits. The postdoctoral bursary will not be taxed.
Start of fellowship: 1 October 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Submit applications at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 September 2023. The application must include the following:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the project and stating when you can start
- A project proposal showing how you plan to contribute to the project (articles, chapters for the book project, editorial services, etc.)
- A CV and list of publications
- Names and contact details of at least 3 referees
We reserve the right not to make any appointment