- 021 808 2812Location:
Language Centre Seminar Room, Kleine Bosch, 44 Banhoek Road, Stellenbosch
What is the focus of this course?
This course, presented by the Communication Lab of the Language Centre, will enable you to write concise and informative e-mails, listen actively and with insight during meetings, record meetings, draft minutes and conduct engaging telephone conversations rooted in solid communication strategies.
This course focuses on:
· the ability to create proficient internal and external e-communication
· problem-solving skills and techniques to handle queries, complaints and difficult situations
· a thorough understanding of meeting procedures and the responsibilities of the role-players
· the ability to compile professional agendas
· sharper skills to manage meetings with confidence and structure effective minutes.
A certificate of competence will be awarded following the successful completion of this course.
Who should attend?
This entry-level course is aimed at people who do not speak English as a first language, but who function in a working environment where English is used. To ensure optimal learning, we limit the number of participants. The contact sessions are complemented by online learning, and all aspects of the course are assessed.
Where and when will this course take place?
This three-day course will take place from 09:00 to 16:00 in the Seminar Room of the Language Centre, Kleine Bosch, 44 Banhoek Road, Stellenbosch, on the following dates: 22, 23 and 24 April; 2, 3 and 4 September.
Contact Michelle Pieters at email@example.com or 021 808 2812 for more details.
You could also discuss your specific short-course and development needs with us. Enquire about our available short courses, course dates and options for tailor-making a course.