Contact:Ms Nazli Daniels
- 021 808 4837Location:
Various venues / Verskeie lokale
To qualify for the DCE, please note that you need to be registered as a final-year undergraduate student.
Final-year students from other faculties following EMS modules, have to verify DCE rules applicable to your specific faculty.
Within the FACULTY OF ECONOMIC & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES the following rules apply to the Dean's Concession Examination (DCE):
- A Dean's Concession Exam may be granted in a module if it is the only module (of not more than 48 credits) that the final-year student needs to graduate and only if a final mark of at least 30 has been achieved in the relevant module.
- Students registered for programmes within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences have to follow the Dean's Concession Exam guidelines applicable within that faculty.
- All DCE's will be written during a single examination sitting by the end of January before the commencement of lectures, and no further examination papers will be set for this purpose.
- Verify your academic results after the November exams and, should you qualify, remember to register a.s.a.p. for the DCE.
- Register electronically for the DCE via the DCE registration link (on the faculty website at www.sun.ac.za/ems) by 15 January 2020.
- Please note: Even if you have met the requirements to write the Dean's Concession Exam (DCE), you have to register. If you do not follow the registration procedure, we will not be able to effectively prepare for the single Dean's Concession examination opportunity.
Link for registration: Application: Dean's Concession Exam 2020
DATE: Friday, 24 January 2020
The exam will start at 09:00 sharp. Students are requested to report to the exam venue at least 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam, i.e. at 8:45. The exam venues are listed below.
The exam venues for the Dean's Concession Exam on 24 Jan 2020 are:
Schumann Annex 1027: Department of Business Management
Schumann Annex 2020: School of Accountancy
CGW Schumann Building 104: School of Public Leadership AND the following departments:
Economics, Statistics and Actuarial Science, Logistics and Industrial Psychology
Please note: Students should report to the relevant venue 15 min prior to the commencement of the exam, i.e. at 8:45.