- Africa Centre for HIV/AIDS ManagementLocation:
The School for Data Science and Computational Thinking hosts a Connect event on the first Friday of every month. The aim of this event is to stay connected with colleagues from all faculties who are active in data science and computational thinking.
This month, on Friday 4 October, Acting Director Prof Wim Delva will give an overview of activities in the past month and a preview of planned activities for the next month. He will focus on the following topics:
- Update on the Strategic Fund application
- Update on Summer School programme and dates
- Call for submission of papers to the new journal “Patterns"
- Planned data science competitions in collaboration with Zindi
- Update on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy and Proof of Concept
Attendees will be welcome to give input on these plans and to share upcoming events and activities that are relevant to the School from their respective departments and faculties.
Venue: Upstairs boardroom, Africa Centre for HIV/AIDS
Management, entrance via Joubert Road, Stellenbosch
For planning purposes, please RSVP to Sharon Fortuin (email@example.com).