Detail available under conference link
- November 2022: Maritime security hybrid webinar with the RDDC at the KAIPTC, Accra Ghana on the Gulf of Guinea. (Completed)
- October 2022: Seminar on future of peace missions in Africa- Findings from EPON in West, East and Southern Africa. (Completed)
- September 2022: Seminar on the EU, South Africa and the Indo-Pacific. (Completed)
- July 2022: Seminar (Hybrid) Presentations and ideas workshop on an Integrated Maritime Security Strategy for SA (Completed)
- May 2022: Webinar on defence economics and the SA defence budget (Completed)
- March 2022:: Webinar - Aspects of an INMSS for South Africa (Completed)
Detail available under
- 18-February : Shipping security: Maritime aspects off Africa (University of Haifa, UFS & SIGLA) (Completed)
See http://bit.ly/shipping-security & Here for webinar publication
- May : Webinar on events in Northern Mozambique (Cancelled)
- APR/May : 2x Webinar on defence governance & oversight (SIGLA, CEMIS & SA Parliament) (Completed)
- May : UNODC planning & Legal Experts Meeting Stellenbosch (UNODC & SIGLA) (Postponed)
- June : Participation in NMIOTC maritime security conference/webinar (Completed)
- July : Turkey's drive in to Africa - Webinar (SIGLA & Coventry University / Kadar Has University (Completed)
- September : Webinar on EPON - The future peace operations in Africa (SIGLA & Institute for Justice & Reconciliation (Completed)
- September : Maritime cyber security webinar - SIGLA and ISS Pretoria (Completed)
- November : Webinar on military futures (Completed)
Detail available under conference link
- 20 February: Round Table on civil military relations : Funded by Royal Danish Embassy, South Africa) Completed
- 18-19 March: Conference event in Stellenbosch on security governance in African ungoverned spaces. Postponed to September COVID lockdown
- April: RT on Climate Change (Cancelled COVID lockdown)
- May: RT on Defence Budget Vote - implications for the SA National Defence Force (Cancelled COVID lockdown)
- 17-18 September. Webinar on African security governance (See detail under conferences and workshops dropdown) (Confirmed)
- 29 September : Participation in NMIOTC maritime security webinar (Confirmed)
- November: Launch of 2020 Stable Seas Index Planned for 1 day - week 16-19 November (Confirmed)
- Border management Workshop with NCIS & DTRA, 24-26 July in Stellenbosch completed. Reports to appear as SIGLA Briefs by middle August
- 6th Biennial International Conference on Strategic Theory postponed to first quarter of 2019 - more later.
- Cyber security and strategy short course 12-16 August 2019 in Cape Town
- Danish-SIGLA Round Tables scheduled for September and November in Pretoria.
- UNODC-SIGLA lecture series, 23-27 September 2019 in Stellenbosch
- IORA-AG Workshop on maritime safety and security and tourism in the Western Indian Ocean planned for end of October in Pretoria.
- Launch of Stable Seas Index of the One Earth Future Foundationand workshop scheduled for November at STIAS in Stellenbosch.
- Sea piracy trials: The lecture series on sea piracy trials (17-20 October 2018] is now scheduled for 2019. Judge Fernando (Seychelles) could not travel to South Africa due to medical reasons. Planned for August 2019.
- Maritime Review Africa: A piece from Judge Fernando on piracy trials is due to appear in the November/December 2019 edition.
- Danish Round Table Nov 2018: Danish Round Table (scheduled for end of November 2018) shifted to 31 January 2019 due to travel schedule of the Danish Ambassador who is the host for the Round Table Series.
- Border Management 2019: Border Management Workshop of 7-9 May 2019 shifted to 24-26 July 2019 due to announcement of May 2019 election dates.
- Stable Seas Index: SIGLA, in co-operation with the SSI of One Earth Future will host the launch of the Africa SSI in Stellenbosch during November 2019.
- ACUNS SIGLA Workshop. The SDG's and Security. 8-12 April, Saldanha, South Africa. See 2019 Workshops
- ACUNS AM 2019: Call for papers of the ACUNS AM 19-21 June 2019 in Stellenbosch South Africa is available on the official ACUNS web page.