Environmental Education Programme (EEPUS)
EEPUS functions as a programme of the Department of Curriculum Studies of Stellenbosch University, and is funded by a number of companies, private firms and trusts for research and development projects.
The aims and objectives of the programme are the following:
- to present modules in environmental education for the various programme that are offered by die Faculty of Education;
- to undertake practice-driven developmental and training projects in which the principles of environmental education are applied, and in which students from different programmes can be involved;
- to initiate and coordinate research with regard to the development of resource material for environmental education; curriculum investigation and inclusion of environment in formal curriculum
- to establish a national and international network in order to contribute to the development of the concept of environmental education;
- to contribute to the knowledge base of the field in general.
Programme Leader: Prof Chris Reddy
Research Associate: Dr Leanne Seeliger
Areas of Specialization
Environmental education l Professional studies (pre- and in-service) l Curriculum enquiry (teacher education innovation)
Tel: +27 21 808 2259 / 2300