Soil General Laboratory:
- Flame atomic absorption spectrophotometer (AAS)
- Ion chromatograph
- Eurovector CNH analyser
- Scanning UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- pH, EC and redox meters
- Automated titrators
- Freeze drier
- Ovens and mechanical shakers
- Vacuum filtration system
- Hand-held XRF
Soil Physics Laboratory:
- Pressure bomb apparatus
- Neutron probes
- Pressure plate extraction apparatus
- Wet sieving apparatus for measuring soil aggregate stability
- Modulus of rupture measuring device
- Various soil moisture sensors
- Full range of sieves for particle separation
- Mechanical sieving apparatus
- Saturated hydraulic conductivity apparatus
Campus Research Facilities:
- The following research equipment are managed by the Central Analytical Facility: X-ray Fluorescence Spectometer (XRF), liquid and solid state NMR, ICP-MS and ICP-AES, mass spectrometry, DNA-sequencing, CT-Scanner, SEM and AFM microscopes.
- BET specific surface area and microporosity instruments are available through the Department of Process Engineering, Faculty of Engineering.
- X-ray diffraction (XRD), Electron spin resonance (ESR) spectroscopy, ATR-FTIR spectroscopy, and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) are available through the Departments of Chemistry and Physics, Faculty of Nature Sciences.
- Near Infrared (NIR) spectroscopy is available through the Department of Food Science, Faculty of AgriSciences.