ADA Spring School 2023
4 - 8 September
2 - 4 October
Week 1 | Week 2 | Costs | Format | Apply |
The Doctoral School aims to offer high impact research design and methodology training, as well as options in academic preparedness and career development. The Schools are open to doctoral candidates (current and prospective), their supervisors and researchers.
Format: It is very important to note that these courses are presented and planned as full day synchronous sessions at Stellenbosch University. We recommend that you take leave from your daily work and other responsibilities to attend the classes and complete the assignments as required by your presenters. Your attendance will be monitored to ensure that you meet/reach the requirements for subsequent certification. The school will be offered in hybrid mode with some courses in-person and others offered online.
Your role: You will be responsible for pacing yourself through the workshops when busy with the prescribed exercises, synchronous sessions, and/or group work, and will have to be able to keep up. The estimated contact time required per session is presented below. These exclude morning and afternoon tea and lunch breaks. Group work is mandatory.
Payment deadline for Sept courses
31 August 2023
Payment deadline for October courses
25 Sept 2023
| Two-day courses|
Payment deadline 31 August 2023
Payment deadline 31 August 2023
- Last day for applications for September courses: 27 August 2023
- Last day for applications for October courses: 22 September 2023
- Last day for payment for September courses: 31 August 2023
- Last day for payment for October courses: 25 September 2023
- Course specific information is available on the Workshop Information page
Included in the cost:
- The fee per week includes the workshop fee for online courses, digital class materials and digital certification. For in-person courses the fee includes course fees, lunch, digital class materials, digital certification and refreshments at social functions hosted by the ADA.
- All workshops are taught in English
- The school will be hosted in hybrid format with fully online courses and fully in-person sessions. You will not be able to join virtually in any of the in-person courses.
- Open - the course is open for booking and there are open spaces available.
- Waiting List - a waiting list is forming, but we are waiting on payment for the courses from delegates. Please register if you would like to attend and we will place your name on the list.
- Closed - the course has a long waiting list and we have closed bookings.
The ADA reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum attendance figures are not reached. If a delegate has already paid, we will refund them fully, or offer them the opportunity to attend another course of their choice, where possible.
- The last day for withdrawal from the ADA's Spring School is 25 August 2023 for September courses. The last day for withdrawal from the ADA's Spring School October courses is 22 September 2023. Applicants will receive a 50% refund up until 25 August 2023 if they have applied for a Sepetember course. Applicants who applied for October courses will receive a 50% refund up until 22 September 2023. After this date there will be no refund unless someone else can take your place.
- The ADA reserves the right to cancel a course.