Stellenbosch University is one of the official approved Accreditors at the HPCSA for the following professional boards:
- Medical, Dental and Medical Science
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Biokinetics
- Occupational Therapy and Medical Orthotics, Prosthetics and Arts Therapy
Accreditors are groups or institutions appointed by a Professional Board on the basis that they meet the criteria set out by the HPCSA CPD Committee. The role of the Accreditor is to review and approve applications for the provision of CPD activities (within its profession's ambit) by organizations and individuals without accredited service provider status; to monitor these activities; and to revise continuing education units (CEUs) allocated where the provider failed to comply with the rules and regulations of the CPD guidelines.
StellMed is the division at Stellenbosch University, responsible for the administration of the CPD office. The CPD applications are processed by StellMed and submitted to a CPD committee for evaluation and approval. The CPD committee consists of members, each of whom is a representative from a discipline at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University.
When applying for CPD Accreditation, please take note of the following steps:
- Submit the completed CPD2A application form, with a complete programme, a month prior to the start date of the course.
- The programme must have the following information: venue, date(s), start to end times, topic(s) and the name of presenter(s).
- For annual academic programmes, the application can be submitted as soon as all the topics are known.
- For Ethics CEUs, the following documentation is needed: the powerpoint presentation or an outline of the presentation and the CV/summarised CV of the presenter.
- When application is received it will be submitted to the CPD committee and an invoice will be issued for services rendered.
- The minimum cost for CPD accreditation is R775, where there is no registration fee for the participants. If the participants do pay a registration fee and it is more than R775, the accreditation cost will be equal to one participant's registration fee, to a maximum of R5035.
- The CPD accreditation information will only be send to the CPD provider upon receiving proof of payment.
- The duration of the CPD process depends on the availability of the CPD committee and will be send to the provider as soon as the application is finalised, or payment is received.
CPD Submission Process
CPD certificates are no longer mandatory.
The CPD provider complete the HPCSA CPD points template after each activity and send it directly to the HPCSA CPD office at the following email address,
email@example.com. The information must be sent to the HPCSA within one month, after an activity has taken place. The HPCSA will then automatically upload the accredited CPD event/activity points to the HPCSA professional's profile.
Ms Jenni Brand
PO Box 241
021 938 9532