The Stellenbosch University Botanical Garden, located in the historical center of Stellenbosch, is the oldest university botanical garden in South Africa. This compact Garden houses an enormous diversity of plants, both indigenous to South Africa and exotic. The Katjiepiering Restaurant offers a perfect place to rest and enjoy the Garden while the Shop offers a wide range of local and regional products. Also visit our Plant Sales area where you can find some of the beautiful plants cultivated in the Garden for sale.
Admission and rules:
- R15 Admission with R5 shop/restaurant discount voucher
- Annual entry cards available at discounted rates
- Free entry to SU students, staff and members of the Friends of the Botanical Garden
- Click to open the PDF with our full entry fee and annual card options SUBG entry and annual card fees from 1 June 2019.pdf
- Larger groups are welcome with prior-arrangement.
- Children under supervision
- No photo shoots without prior-arrangement, professional shoots are are subject to a fee.
- No picking of plants
- No dogs except for guide dogs
08:00 to 17:00 (Monday to Sunday). The Garden is closed on certain public holidays.
Although the Botanical Garden does not have a visitor parking area, a municipal parking area is located adjacent to the Garden in Van Riebeeck Street. Street parking is also available in the area surrounding the Garden.
Follow the link to access the Botanical Garden map.