20 - 24 July 2020
African Data Science Academy
The African Data Science Academy's mission is to facilitate human capacity building in data science and computational thinking at the University, nationally in South Africa, across Africa and globally. It develops and presents open courses offered by the School as well as bespoke courses developed for our industry and academic partners. We invite you to explore partnering with the African Data Science Academy for your training needs.
Follow the appropriate link below to register for your chosen online course. Both online courses run concurrently during the period of 20 to 24 July 2020. Participants are only allowed to register for one. The Short Course registration link will indicate 17 to 25 July 2020 to allow for orientation on the module.
The African Doctoral Academy (ADA
) at Stellenbosch University, already well known for their Summer and Winter Doctoral Schools in South Africa and across Africa, will be lending operational support for the school.
Terms and conditions
|||Calls for registrations
- Calls for registrations to attend the School for DS&CT’s 2020 online African Data Science Academy are open now. Only registrations submitted through the SU Short Courses website will be accepted.
- Calls for applications close on 1 July 2020 and it is also the last day we accept payments for the course.
Be sure to adhere strictly to given instructions. Incomplete or erroneous registrations will be rejected.
Options on Short Course System relating to “Payment Responsibility":
“Company": Select this option if a company/employer will pay for attendance. A tax invoice will be generated and forwarded to the payment contact person for payment.
“Department (Stellenbosch University)": Select this option if an internal department at Stellenbosch University will pay for attendance. A notification will be generated and forwarded to the payment contact person for payment.
“Self": Select this option if applicant will be responsible to pay for their attendance. A notification will be generated and forwarded to your email inbox (also check spam mail) for payment. A tax invoice will only be generated upon email request.
- Placement in a course can only be guaranteed by payment. Therefore, enrolment for attendance can only be confirmed once all outstanding fees are settled.
- Early Bird rates are valid until 22 June and Standard Rates apply until 1 July 2020, thereafter bookings will close.
- Fees payable cover course materials, and teaching, and as the workshops are being taught online, fees for catering and network access will not be levied.
Change of courses
- Once a registration is completed and payment is received, the School for DS&CT will not permit a change in courses.
- The last day for withdrawal from the School for DS&CT’s 2020 African Data Science Academy is 1 July 2020 - applicants will receive an 80% refund up until this date and thereafter a 50% refund until 8 July. After 8 July 2020there will be a 100% cancellation fee applied, unless someone else can take your place.
- No refund will be paid if attendance is cancelled after 8 July 2020.
- The School for DS&CT reserves the right to cancel a course up to 22 June 2020.