Welcome to Stellenbosch University


When should I report a claim?

SU's insurers require that all accidents, losses, or any event that could lead to an insurance claim, be reported to the Division: Funds and Asset Management within 24 hours who will then pass it on to the insurers.

The Department involved, must report burglary and theft to the SA Police Service within 24 hours, in order to receive a CAS number. For insurance purposes, the person involved should request a copy of the police statement. Please do report burglary / theft also at the SU Security Services and provide the CAS number to them.