As a research-led department, our activities are informed by the following strategic orientations:
- Strong alignment between the Department's research agenda and teaching and service priorities and the University's vision and strategic objectives;
- Emphasis on integrating research, teaching and service;
- Epistemology and knowledge construction as central concerns;
- A strong culture of debate and critical deliberation;
- Active promotion of diversity among staff and students;
- Strong national and international networks;
- Research focus areas of intellectual relevance in the fields of education, development, democracy and leadership.
Follow the link.