|Stellenbosch University's application procedure|||
- In person: Mrs Ghafsa Gamiet; Administration A building, Room 2033,
Van Ryneveld street, Stellenbosch, or
- Electronic: online application at http://www.maties.com/apply.html
- Foreign students: apply online at the International Office webpage
- Closing dates: BScHons : 15 September
- MScAgric/MSc : 30 September
|Application documents |
When you apply online, please make sure you have the following documents in PDF or in a scanned version.
Please attach the following documents to your form:
- A certified copy of your academic transcripts (marks) [and English translation if in a foreign language]
- Certified copies of degree(s) obtained.
- A copy of your ID/Passport documents
Foreign students, whose mother tongue is not English, are requested to complete a TOEFL test and submit the results to the IWBT
|If you apply for a MSc of PhD- degree||MSc and PhD applicants are requested to email the Institute with the following information:|
- At least TWO referees with their contact details.
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
Please email this information to ms Lorette de Villiers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Candidates are selected by the IWBT on merit and according to the following criteria::
- undergraduate academic results
- postgraduate academic results (if applicable)
- practical proficiency
- personal motivation.
Feedback from referees (if applicable) is also taking into consideration to evaluate an applicant. All applications are subject to the availability of research funds and laboratory space.
Students who successfully meet the acceptance criteria, are firstly accepted provisionally if the current degree is not completed. The students must pass their exams or thesis with an minimum average of 60%, before they can be finally accepted for the postgraduate study. A letter of acceptance from the IWBT will then be issued. The students are however required to wait for the official acceptance letter from the University to register for their studies.