The data is received from the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
We have developed two Power BI applications that address an important need, namely to make the national staff and student data of all 26 Higher Education institutions in South Africa available in a single place. The application allows for easy data choices and comparisons between the universities, which is not possible with printed publications.
|The data of DHET tables 2.9, 2.11, 2.12, and 2.13 are graphically represented through the use of a Power BI application.|
The application also shows the student success data that is often referred to, and many graphs that show trends and numbers of the major data tables of HEMIS. Some of these graphs are similar to those that used to appear in DHET's Vital Statistics (this publication was discontinued a while ago already), but of course, that data was static and did not allow dynamic selection of parameters.
Procedure to apply for PowerBI licence
The data of DHET tables 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.7 are graphically represented through the use of a Power BI application.
- Contact Mandy Wanza from IT to get a quotation for a PowerBI licence
- Create a requisition for payment of the licence and send details to Mandy
- PowerBI licence will be activated and user will be informed
- Go to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/landing/signin/ and sign in with your US user name and password.
- Licence need to be renewed annually
Prof Ian Cloete Ms Renè Robbertze
+27 21 808 2720
+27 21 808 4528