When is the student fees account available?
Student fees accounts are available after registration by the middle of February of the academic year.
What is a student fees account?
Student fees accounts consist of study fees and if in residence, BOTH study and accommodation fees. Study fees consist of tuition fees plus program and module costs.
How do you get a student fees account?
Quotations of the estimated fees for the academic year can be obtained online until the student fees accounts are available.
A quotation can be compiled by signing in at
- Click on Fees
- Click on Provisional statement of fees
- Click on Request a more detailed Provisional Statement of Fees / Quotation
Student fees accounts can be obtained via the student portal. Student fees accounts are sent out monthly via email. The email address can be updated by signing in at
- Click on Undergraduate OR Postgraduate
- Click on Administration
- Click on Address & Contact Information
- Change email address
When is the student fees account payable?
The following fixed instalments have to be paid on or before the dates as set out on the student fees account.
||Compulsory first instalment (fixed amount)
||At least 75% of the remainder of the total student fees account, after the amount paid with registration has been deducted
||The outstanding balance on the student account
How can you pay the student fees account?
- Payment at the cashiers with cash, debit or credit card, or cheque.
Payment at the cashiers in Block A of the Central Administration.
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 08:00 to 15:30
Payment at the cashiers in the Clinical Building, 1st floor, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 08:30 to 15:30
Bellville Park Campus
Payment at the cashiers in the Main Building, Carl Cronjé Drive, Bellville.
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 08:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 15:30
- Direct bank transfers
Name: US Studentegelde (public listed beneficiary)
Bank: Standard Bank
Account no: 063163225 (cheque account)
Branch code: 050610
SWIFT code: SBZAZAJJ (only for payments from abroad)
Reference: Student number
- Credit card payments
Pay at the cashier with a credit card during stipulated office hours.
- Online credit card payments can be done as follows:
- Go to http://www.sun.ac.za
- Select “Students"
- Select “Prospective students"
- Select “Fees"
- Select “Payment options"
- Select “Electronic credit card payment"
- Sign in with US number (8-digit student number) and student ID number
- Sent proof of payment to email@example.com