How students can get involved:
- Residence structures
- Societies structures
- Faculty committees
- Sport societies
- Walk – ins at MGD ( individual students who would like to get involved)
Student volunteers are offered an accredited programme in order to capacitate students and prepare the students for volunteerism.
The course is NQF 6 accredited and has the following objectives:
- Introduction to community development
- Project management and innovation
- Engaged citizenship within the International and national development frameworks.
Some of the projects students are involved in falls within these categories:
- Education ( mentoring)
- Leadership and Lifeskills
- Health promotion and awareness
- Arts ( crafts and drama)
- Environmental awareness
The accredited course and community work of students has been officially recognized by SU and is added to their co- curricular transcript.