How students can get involved:
- Residence structures
- Societies structures
- Faculty committees
- Sport societies
- Walk – ins (individual students who would like to get involved)
Student volunteers are offered an accredited programme in order to capacitate students and prepare the students for volunteerism.
The course is NQF 6 accredited and has the following objectives:
- Introduction to community development
- Project management and innovation
- Engaged citizenship within the International and national development frameworks.
Some of the projects students are involved in falls within these categories:
- Education (mentoring)
- Leadership and Lifeskills
- Health promotion and awareness
- Arts (crafts and drama)
- Environmental awareness
The accredited course and community work of students has been officially recognized by SU and is added to their co- curricular transcript.