Centre for Global Surgery
Senior Research Associate
(One-year contract position, grade 9.1)
The Centre for Global Surgery in the Department of Global Health at Stellenbosch University aims to improve health by increasing equitable access to affordable and quality surgical care. Our team conducts research, fosters partnerships and networks, and seeks to mentor the next generation of global health researchers and leaders.
The senior research assistant will support research activities in global surgery research that strive to improve the quality and access to surgical care, particularly in South Africa and the sub-Saharan region. The senior research assistant will be expected to support research, help support scholarly outputs including published peer-reviewed papers, and contribute to the submission of further funding applications.
Requirements and recommendations
- A master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. epidemiology, public health) and/or degree in clinical medicine (e.g. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to function in a multicultural environment, manage projects, and work independently
- Research experience in global health and health systems, with experience in global surgery highly desirable
- Experience with publishing research
Start date, duration, grade level
Start date: 1 May 2020
Duration: 1-year full time contract
How to apply
Visit http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers to apply online. The position reference is TGB16/090/0320
Please direct all queries to Tamlyn Mac Quene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stellenbosch University strives to be a welcoming campus that makes all students, staff, and visitors feel at home. Stellenbosch University is committed to creating a multicultural and inclusive environment.
Stellenbosch University is committed to employment equity, and appointments will be made in line with the employment equity plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University's Institutional employment equity Plan.
The application is open until the position is filled.