Your graduation is a momentous occasion and marks the beginning of your continued relationship with your alma mater.
As an alumnus/a of Stellenbosch University, you are our most valuable stakeholder and ambassador. You form part of a global community of more than 120 000 graduates. Your involvement with us ensures that you are kept abreast of developments here, that you receive a range of opportunities to remain connected to other alumni and that your degree and alma mater remain relevant.
You could become a hub coordinator
Creating a hub in your area is an excellent way of expanding your “connectedness” to other alumni. As a hub coordinator or hub committee member, your key responsibility would be to:
- Serve as the primary communicator between the local alumni and the Alumni Relations team;
- Help with recruitment of additional volunteers;
- Make a collective annual gift to SU;
- Reach out to local alumni; asking them to partake in local alumni events and in the annual giving programme; and
- Coordinate alumni events
The Alumni Relations team can assist you in these duties:
- Identifying and approaching active alumni in regions and countries.
- Setting up a local LinkedIn group, through which the hub can communicate.
- Notifying all alumni in the region of the hub, and:
- Provide them with the coordinators contact details; and
- Invite them to join the local LinkedIn group
- Assisting in coordinating local events by:
- Sending out invitations to alumni in the region;
- Managing RSVPs; and
- Providing gift forms
Interested in starting an alumni-hub?
Some of the places where we already have hubs in place include:
Washington DC New York
Hong Kong Namibia
London Southern California