New Voices in Science competition 2015 is here!
The competition that will get everyone, even you, excited about your PhD
- Share your science and make it matter.
- Get noticed by the right people and key public groups.
- Learn to communicate responsibly and confidently to anyone about your research, without dumbing down.
Prizes for all winners and finalists ...
- Open to all academic disciplines, not just the “hard’ sciences.
- PhD students nearing completion of their degrees, or those who have recently graduated.
|Popular science talk||- Auditions: 14, 15 and 20 October, Public event: 7 December 2015 |
|Science photograph ||- Deadline for submissions 15 September 2015|
|60-second video clip ||- Deadline for submissions 30 September 2015|
|Popular science article ||- Entries closed|
How to enter
The gala event
7 December 2015
- Finalists in the popular science talk will present their research to the public in a 5 minute talk
- The New Voices in Science 2015 publication will be distributed, containing the work of the finalists in the writing category
- There will be a photograph and video exhibition of finalists in these categories
- Winners in each category will be selected and announced
- Click here to be placed on the invitation list
Popular Science Talk and Popular Science Article
- Winners R 5 000 / Finalists R 1 000
60 - second video clip and Science Photograph
- Winners R 2 000 / Finalists R 500
- Plus an AUDIENCE PRIZE for the best photograph and talk