The need for the function of a Financial Controller was identified in order to provide comfort to management surrounding the internal control environment and prevailing governance practices.
The tasks of the controller include but is not limited to:
- The creation and maintenance of the combined assurance model
- Performing ad hoc financial investigations as required by management and the audit and risk committee
- Improving on the underlying internal control environment where required
- Serving as a link between the Division as well as the greater SU sphere and the internal audit function
- Investigating reports lodged on the Ethics hotline, and
- Serving as a central support function in the selection and rollout of the new financial system.