The Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD) is a dynamic, student-centered psychological development and support service available to registered students. Carefully selected specialists such as psychologists, a psychiatrist, a social worker and a reading specialist are involved to meet the various needs of the university community.
Some of the services include:
· Work sessions on the development and optimisation of life skills (e.g. study skills and stress management)
· Academic/career counselling for students that are uncertain about their degree programme/module choices
· Preparing students for future career choices, job searches and application process
· Individual, professional and confidential assistance or psychotherapy for depression, high stress levels, substance abuse, relationship or family problems etc.
· 24-hour crisis service
· Support for students with special learning needs (disabilities)
All facilitators are registered as professional practitioners with their respective boards and absolute confidentiality is guaranteed. All support sessions are usually free of charge to registered students to help ensure confidentiality.
More details available on our website
Click down below to find out more about our centres in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa: