The Employment Equity Office is part of Human Resources Division
and its role is to advance an integrated approach to employment equity, diversity and inclusivity in line with the transformation imperatives of the University.
The office is responsible for designing and implementing institutional employment equity strategy, not only to comply with equity measures and eliminate unfair discrimination but also to attract, develop and promote diversity within the University.
The office provides support to all environments on matters relating to employment equity and promotion of diversity.The EE office is responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing the Institutional Employment Equity Policy.
- Institutional Employment Equity Plan and Environment Employment Equity/Transformation Plans.
- Code for Management Practices for Employment Equity.
- Reporting to the Department of Employment and Labour and various commissions.
- Employment Equity Advisory Committee.