In the negotiations between the Unions and Stellenbosch University (SU) during the course of 2016 regarding insourcing and outsourcing, the parties agreed to a process of Viable Sourcing. Viable Sourcing is defined as a system and process whereby the University, in a transparent manner, taking into account input of various stakeholders, decides on the optimal vehicle for the provision of essential services to the University. To this end SU is committed to a process of Viable Sourcing when an essential services contract is due for renewal or a requirement for a service arises.
Stellenbosch University is commencing with the Viable Sourcing process for Building Fabric and Plumbing Maintenance Services at the Stellenbosch campus. As part of the Viable Sourcing process, input is hereby requested from interest groups or any parties that may potentially be affected by the sourcing approach. People who would like to comment are requested to submit written submissions to Hendri Knoetze, Senior Buyer, via email at email@example.com or to submit submissions to the Purchasing and Provision Services Building (Merriman Avenue), by 30 March 2018. People, who also wants to comment in person, must indicate and provide contact details. These submissions will form part of the evaluation of the viable sourcing.
In order to compare viable options a tender will be issued to Maintenance Service Providers. The service required is for Building Fabric and Plumbing services to the academic and residence facilities on the Stellenbosch University Main Campus.
These facilities comprise of:
- Offices, Classrooms and Apartments
- Mechanical Areas
- Central Computer and Storage Areas
- Food Facility
- Lounge, Recreation and Meeting Areas
- Sleep/Study Area Without Toilet/Bath
- Toilet/Bath Areas
Planned maintenance of the following building aspects to be provided at various frequencies:
- Toilets, sinks, taps, drains, water heaters and pipes
- Doors and door frames
- Windows and window frames
- Walls and plastering
- Ceilings and roof covering
- Entrance halls to lobbies, internal and external building fabric
- Fire escape and stairways
Services include the management of work orders and staff, budget preparation and cost controlling and reporting on maintenance statistics.
The proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Proven human dignity protocols and practices regarding human resource management
- Sustainability of solution
- BBBEE Rating
- References of at least 5 current clients.
- Value Proposition:
Methodology in terms of:
- Management Controls
- Communication Systems
- Management of Safety Aspects (OHSA)
- Quality Control Systems
- In what way are sensitive areas managed
- How is client satisfaction achieved and guaranteed
Protection of Assets
- Preventative Actions
- Reporting of maintenance problems