Dr Jeanne Taylor
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Part-time CAF Geochronologist
Department of Earth Sciences,
Stellenbosch University, South Africa
• BSc (Hons) (Geology) Stellenbosch University
• PhD (Geology) Stellenbosch University
• Alexander von Humboldt Postdoc Fellow, Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main
• Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Postdoc Fellow, Stellenbosch University
• CAF Part-time Geochronology Analyst, Stellenbosch University
• Archaean Metamorphism and Crustal Evolution
• Crustal Anatexis
• Granite Petrogenesis
• Radiogenic Isotope Geochronology
1. The composition and structure of late arriving magma batches in the S-type Peninsula Pluton: An insight into the details of pluton assembly from the Cape Granite Suite, South Africa
2. The behaviour of U-Pb and Sm-Nd isotopes in light-REE accessory phases during poly- high-grade metamorphism: a systematic in-situ study of reworked (3.43, 3.23, 3.15-3.05 and 2.73 Ga) metasedimentary granulites from the Ancient Gneiss Complex, Swaziland
3. Meso- to Neoarchaean magmatism and crustal evolution in the Ancient Gneiss Complex, Swaziland: the case of the Mhlatuzane – Mahamba Gneiss
List of publications
Stevens, G, Taylor, J, Ramphakaa, PL, Farina, F, Frei, D and Hilmer, E (2017). The composition and structure of late arriving magma batches in the S-type Peninsula Pluton: An insight into the details of pluton assembly from the Cape Granite Suite, South Africa. Journal of Petrology. In prep.
Taylor, J, Zeh, A, Gerdes, A (2016). U-Pb-Hf isotope systematics of detrital zircons in high-grade paragneisses of the Ancient Gneiss Complex, Swaziland: evidence for two periods of juvenile crust formation, Paleo- and Mesoarchaean sediment deposition, and 3.23 Ga terrane accretion. Precambrian Research 280, 205 –220.
Taylor, J, Nicoli, G, Stevens, G, Frei, D, Moyen, J-F (2014). The processes that control leucosome compositions in metasedimentary granulites: Perspectives from the Southern Marginal Zone migmatites, Limpopo Belt, South Africa. Journal of Metamorphic Geology 32, 713–742.
Taylor, J, Stevens, G, Lana, C (2012). Age and field relationships of Mahamba orthogneisses and Mkhondo Valley Metamorphic Suite paragneisses from the Mkhondo River, Ancient Gneiss Complex, Swaziland. South African Journal of Geology 115.3, 369-384.
Taylor, J, Stevens, G, Buick, I, Lana, C (2012). Successive mid-crustal, high-grade metamorphic events provide insight into Mid-Archean mountain-building along the SE margin of the proto–Kaapvaal craton. Geological Society of America Bulletin 124, 1191–1211.
Taylor, J, Stevens, G (2010). Selective entrainment of peritectic garnet into S-type granitic magmas: Evidence from Archaean mid-crustal anatectites. Lithos 120, 277-292.
Taylor, J, Stevens, G, Armstrong, R, Kisters, AFM (2010). Granulite facies anatexis in the Ancient Gneiss Complex, Swaziland, at 2.73 Ga: Mid-crustal metamorphic evidence for mantle heating of the Kaapvaal craton during Ventersdorp magmatism. Precambrian Research 177, 88–102.